January is a good time to think about fresh starts. We all need a fresh start now and then, and the beginning of a new year is an ideal time to begin. But there will be opportunities too. With our human nature there will always be fear too. We must remember though that fear causes worry. It gradually digs itself in until it paralyses our reasoning and it can kill our initiative. During an economic downturn we can be filled with fear and worry and both of those states of mind can be really destructive. So why not instead choose 2016 to be:
Another year, another chance To start our lives anew This time we’ll leap old barriers To have a real breakthrough.
We’ll take one little step And then we’ll take one more, Our unlimited potential We’ll totally explore.
For the New Year let us:
- Get rid of non-essential numbers. These include, age and weight. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her!
- Never let the brain idle. An idle mind is the devils’ workshop. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, golf, gardening, whatever….
- Enjoy the simple things. Laugh often.
- Be ALIVE while you are alive. Do not die with the music still in you.
- Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it.
- If it is unstable, improve it.
- If it is beyond what you can improve get help NOW!
- Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the next county or to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is!
- Keep only cheerful friends. The “grouches” pull you down.
Best wishes for a happy, healthy and contented 2016.