The difference between somebody who reaches their goals and somebody who does not, is usually down to focus. The ability to stay focused on a goal rather than getting sidetracked is, perhaps, the greatest skill you can develop.
Here are some examples:
1. Not Clarifying What your Goals are:
Let’s imagine that it’s time for your annual holiday, the first thing will be to decide where you want to go and when you will be going. If you do not clarify these first, you will find yourself sitting at home for a week and wasting your precious time off!
2. Not having a Plan for What you are Going to do:
It’s not enough to have a goal. If you are running your own business, you might decide that you want togrow your client base. That’s good, but how are you going to do that? Does it mean, working later and putting in more hours? If you do not have a specific plan towards achieving your goal, you are going to waste your time wandering around hoping the desired result will just land in your lap.
3. Not sticking to your plan:
If you’ve ever tried to lose weight, quit smoking, or begin an exercise programme you will know that having a plan is not enough. You must stick to your plan. There are usually reasons why a person does not stick to his or her plan:
You may not be clear enough on Why you want this goal.
- You do not have somebody (outside of family or friends) who will hold you accountable for the necessary actions.
- You may have not actually factored in the time to stick with their plan.
4. Although there is nothing wrong with any of the following, it’s easy to get sidetracked into:
- Web surfing
- Text messaging and e.mailing
- Talking on the phone instead of doing what you need to do to make that difference to your life.
What other time wasters impact on your focus? Please share your comments on my Facebook Page:
“Most people engage in activities that are tension relieving rather than goal achieving” – ~ Brian Tracy
If you need somebody objective, to hold you accountable for your actions towards your goals, then call Nuala today at:
Tel. 087 2532675 or e.mail: firstname.lastname@example.org